Rave Reviews & Awards
Awards and Distinctions
Dianna Booher, her books, and her business writing training, presentation skills training, and communication skills training have been honored with the following awards:
- IBM's Star Quality Award (Vendor-of-the-Year training award) for writing and presentations
- Frito-Lay's Minority/Women Vendor-of-the-Year Award For Overall Organizational Impact
- New York Film Festival's Cindy Award, Finalist, Corporate Training Division
- Executive Soundview Summaries' "Best of the Best Business Books of the Decade"
- American Library Association's Best Non-Fiction Award
- HR Review's "Best Training Product of the Year"
- AMI's Trainer's Choice Award
- Amazon.com Bestseller: Creating Personal Presence (#1 Sales & Marketing)
- Amazon.com Bestseller: Your Signature Work (#1 Religion, #2 Business, #20 All Categories)
- Amazon.com Bestseller: Voice of Authority (#1 Business Communication Book)
- Safari Online Bestseller: Creating Personal Presence (Top 20)
- Gold Medallion Book Award 2000 Nominee: Worth of a Woman's Words
- Major Book Club Selections: Book-of-the-Month, Newbridge Executive, Writer's Digest, Business Week, Money, Macmillan Executive, Fortune
- Successful Meetings Magazine's "21 Top Speakers for the 21st Century"
- Speakers Platform's "Top 5 Speaker Award" 2010, 2011, and 2012
- Top 100 Thought Leaders in America (Executive Excellence Publishing's 2006, 2007 Lists)
- Top 100 Minds on Personal Development (Executive Excellence Publishing's 2007 List)
- Top 100 Consultants in America (Executive Excellence Publishing's 2003, 2004, 2005 Lists)
- Induction to the National Speakers Association's Speaker Hall of Fame®
Testimonials and Reviews
"...Your message on how to improve the quality of our business and personal communications was right on target. Thanks again for your perfectly focused messages."
Oscar C. Gomez, Vice President - External Affairs
Verizon Communications Inc.
"Thank you for your expertise. You are the consummate professional — meticulous preparation, flawless pedagogy, and results participants are mentioning within days."
Jane Binger, Executive Director, Leadership Development & Education
Lucille Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford University
"Thank you very much for presenting 'Leader as an Effective Communicator' ... people are still commenting on it! Great information for thinking or responding to questions — 'thinking on your feet' will be an exceptional tool! Performing six times in two days is very difficult, yet you did it. In fact, it was noted that the sixth session was one of the liveliest!"
Casey Casort, PTL Administrator, Boeing
"Your presentation itself was very dynamic and energetic — I especially like your use of humor to illustrate some very important communication concepts. I suppose there is a degree of pressure for a speaker who is known as a 'communication expert.' But you certainly demonstrate that expertise, and walk the talk!"
Gay Knight, Program Manager, Communications Curriculum, IBM
"I have received only the highest feedback from all of the participants. The material was right on target."
John Ogrizovich, Vice President IT Services, Waste Management, Inc.
"Your presentations ... were extremely well received. On a scale from one to five, with one equaling poor and five equaling excellent, you received a score of 5.0 on both sessions from symposium attendees. We have had many speakers who cover the topics related to communications, but you by far had the most professional and entertaining (sessions), and your substance and impact were top-notch. We definitely plan to have you back on our program in the future..."
M. Lauren Basham, Director of Education and Communications
Society of Consumer Affairs Professionals in Business
"...I knew you would be a hit. Your energy level is amazing, your humorous style is entertaining, and your on-target examples help your audience totally to relate to your topic. As I told the group in my introduction, I always feel that you are talking just to me, despite the hundreds of other people in the room."
Pat Sweeden, Training Manager, Maybelline
"...Thank you for the outstanding support that you rendered toward making our Enlisted Leadership Symposium a success. Your energy and enthusiasm for your craft is contagious. The degree of information you shared with our audience on ...Communicate with Confidence was outstanding! The feedback that we have received has been phenomenal and the symposium has been phrased as "the best ever." Of course, this feat could not have been accomplished without the delivery of relative information and a quality speech..."
Valerie Benton, Command Chief Master Sergeant, National Guard Bureau
"The work you put into preparing your presentation was reflected in the synergy of your message with the day's purpose, Frito-Lay Technology's philosophy, and the other speakers. The feedback we have received to date has been extremely positive."
Dennis Heard, Senior Vice President, Technology, Frito-Lay, Inc.